Are you experiencing any network issue on the devices connected to the range extender? If yes, then the best way to troubleshoot this problem is by updating the extender’s firmware. These kinds of issues generally encounter if the extender is not updated or the firmware version installed is obsolete.
- First, check whether the extender is connected to the power supply properly or not.
- Make sure that the extender and the router are within range of each other. The general phenomenon states that the client device, router, and the extender must be placed at an equal distance from each other. For more information related to the extender working or in order to get its best performance, you can do google and search for ‘How do wifi extenders work’.
- Open GUI through Mywifiext.net.
- If you are asked to enter the username and password, then enter the email address in the first field and password you use to set up the account in the next field. If the default password entered by you is not working, then you must have changed it earlier.
- Check if the new firmware is available for download for the range extender. You will also find the alerts on the top of the GUI. The GUI refers to Netgear genie smart setup page.
- If there isn’t any alert available on the screen, then check it manually by entering the ‘Device’ information in the given fields.
- If you are using Netgear Ex6100, then the Netgear Genie UI 6100 will appear on the screen. To know more about the Netgear genie smart setup, you can contact the Netgear range extender experts.
- After the update process gets completed, reset the extender using the sharp tip pen or paper. Insert this pin to the reset hole and press it for half-a-minute. Wait till the booting process gets completed after reset.
- Connect the devices to the extender either using the wired or wireless connection.
After implementing the above-mentioned troubleshooting steps, if you are still facing the intermittent connection issues, then contact the range extender experts who are dedicated to offering the best support to its customers.